Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Fantastic Fossils
Hello again, maybe this is not a hospital holiday, but more like a fossil holiday! I've found fossils in Somerset, Wales and now Aberdeen!! Our friends Lizzie and Kenny took us to the Geology Department at Aberdeen University because they knew I am interested in fossils and rocks, crystals, minerals and that kind of thing. At the university we saw loads of fossils including the fossilised mussels and a dinosaur footprint in the photo above. Just think, one day, you could step in some squishy mud and maybe in a few million years people could be examining your amazing fossilised footprint! Later that day we went to Satrosphere and boy (and girl!) has it changed since I was there when I was 6. It had a big BBC Walking with Dinosaurs exhibiton on and I took part in a dinosaur digging workshop. You can see me with a kina/sea urchin fossil that I found in the sand.
That's all for now, can't think of anything else to say except it was great being back in Scotland again. We even drove past the hospital where I was born and the house where I lived when I was a baby. Edinburgh's up next on the blog. See you later alligator. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Not to mention the living fossils you've been hanging out with!! lol .. Oooops .. naughty Lulu !! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the picture of you in your white coat. Now you just need a cloth flat cap to complete the outfit.. Gorgeous!!
Wow .. you will know so much about fossils when you return.. and history! This has been such an educational trip for you. Glad its been fun too!
Love Lulu XXX
As you can guess, Jamie, I am very envious! All those amazing fossils - what a time you are having!
ReplyDeleteGood to catch up with you again and we will be looking forward to the next chapter from Edinburgh. I (Paula) have actually been to Edinburgh - many moons ago. I was told I would find it very like my old home town of Dunedin. (That's the old name for Edinburgh, as you probably know.)I have to say that I didn't think it was anything like Dunedin, apart from the names of the streets. Quite an impressive city though.
Keep having fun,
Love from Marion & Paula