Friday, April 15, 2011

School Camp - April 2011



A beautiful view of Lake Rotoiti. That's where my school camp was held from 5th to 8th of April. The camp was better than words can describe - it's the best school camp I have ever been on and I can't wait for next year's one!












Me ready to fight in Afghanistan or at least to battle the cold weather!!









'Long Lookout' or as the inmates of this place (us!) called it 'Long Lockout'. We were left outside for 30 mins before we got the key, and once we were inside it was FREEZING!! The beds were comfy though....



This is a Purple Pouch Fungus that grows in the leaf litter of Beech Forests in NZ. They were dotted all around the paths that went through the Rotoiti Forest.



"Aaaarrrrggggghh, it's going to squash me!'

The best thing was kayaking on Lake Rotoiti at 8:00 in the morning. It was awesome, we played kayak soccer, and just generally paddled around the bay in our own little kayaks...

3 comments:

  1. I have memories of Lake Rotoiti from my last stay ~ but I didn't see any purple fungii! You look fit for anything in your "Afghan" kit... even the freezing accommodation. Glad you enjoyed the experience and came away in one piece! Nanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was up at Lake Rotoiti it was rather chilly, what it would be like overnight I wouldn't like to say, probably freezing I would think. Next time either pack some winter woolies... or take Frodo with you
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jamie!! Havent seen ya in a while!!! So THIS is what you got up to!! Lucky that your class got to go to lake rotoiti! My class (I think) are going to Marahau (=( only) and I've NEVER been to lake rotoiti! I'd love to though! and I'd sooo wanna see the purple fungus! Ok see ya!-
    Frankie

    ReplyDelete