Tuesday, June 29, 2010
London landmarks junk model
Hey guys (and gals)
Just thought I'd show you this incredible junk model I saw the other day in a shop in Regent St. in London. See how many land marks you can recognise. We counted eight including the river Thames.
The artist used a variety of different objects including: yogurt pots, plastic spoons, straws, newspaper, baskets, ice block sticks, drink bottles and loads more. If you look carefully you can see my reflection in the shop window. Maybe room eight could make one with land marks of N.Z. (but only once I come back!!;)
Thats all for now, more when I get to Devon & Somerset....
Jamie
P.S. Thanks for all the comments, I love getting them :)
P.P.S. Dear Mrs P, thanks for suggesting the blog it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I typed all this post myself but the last one I wrote by hand and my mum typed it up for me so I got some handwriting practice too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hmmm .. Regent Street.. You weren't on your way to Hamleys top shop by any chance were you? Awesome model and a New Zealand version sounds great. I agree Jamie, Mrs P's idea of a blog was certainly a good one indeed!! Have a good trip down to Somerset. Give your Nana and Mum a big hug from me and Frodo .. And take a couple hugs for yourself!
ReplyDeleteLove Lulu XXX
P.S. I was please to see all your blog comments too :)
wow! that is really cool! i can count 6 landmarks. i can't quite make you out though!!!:P
ReplyDeletelove beth x
Hi there
ReplyDeleteLike you Jamie, I can see eight including the river but one is a bit faint in the background and another is more of a monstrosity than a landmark in the opinion of this "grumpy old man"! I wonder if they are the same two that Beth hasn't spotted?
I'll bet Great grandad was pleased to see you.
Byeeee! got to set up for another programme.
You are writing so much I should have got you writing on our class blog daily!!! Well done - also this is a cool way to keep a record of your trip and life here on after too!!! Mrs P :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm .. I think I've got NINE including the Thames .. Although I could be wrong .. So I'll name them and wait to be corrected!
ReplyDelete1) The Thames river
... Starting at the back corner going clockwise...
2) The Millenium dome
3) The silly green gherkin thing in Bank area near St Pauls (Is this the monstrosity 'Grumpy Old Guy' was eluding to?) I have no idea of its name or purpose.
4) The London Eye
5)Big Ben
6) The BT tower
7)Westminster Abbey (not sure about this one at all!)
8) St Pauls Cathedral
9) Tower Bridge
Yeah ok Lulu you are right - we missed one!!
ReplyDeleteThx
Jamie
PS Did you spot my reflection in the window?
I didn't count....but I thought the model was AWESOME and I could see you in the window Jamie!
ReplyDelete