Sunday, July 4, 2010
Catastrophe Cousins go to Bristol
While my mum went on a yarn dyeing course in Bristol yesterday the Catastrophe Cousins hit the road with Nanna hitching along for the ride!! That's Beth, me and Iwan by the way!
We took Nanna to Explore @ Bristol (or did she take us?!?!) It's a really cool science centre with half a ton of stuff to do. It's probably been the highlight of my trip to Devon and Somerset so far. I especially liked the iron filings with really powerful magnets on either side of the table and you could make really strong structures with it. Aardman animations (they make Wallace and Gromit in Bristol) had a special area where you could create your own Wallace and Gromit scene with a computer. Pressing "go" would make a little room show up exactly like the scene you just designed. It was amazing!
We saw loads of stars in the Planetarium, including the North star, the plough constellation and the summer triangle but not the Southern Cross because you can't see that from the UK! They showed us the different colours of the planets and the sun was one of the smallest ones, which surprised me.
It was good fun splashing in the water fountains at the Bristol Quay at lunchtime
By the way, my mum managed to dye her hands as well as the wool but had lots of fun and has made me a new colourscheme called "Jealous crow" for a pair of socks. It's black with a few bits of lime green.
We all had an awesome day, even Nanna did! She said her grandchildren were all wonderful, delightful and she is proud of us! So we must have managed to fool her good and proper ;)
Jamie
PS Try this website to find out more about Explore @ Bristol www.at-bristol.org.uk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OH my Goodness .. Look out Bristol!! Here come the mad Morgans!! Sounds like you 3 had an awesome day. So glad you didn't stress Nanna out :)
ReplyDeleteThe science place sounds terrific. I am very, very jealous.
Glad to hear your mother is catering to her wool dying withdrawl symptoms! LOL !!
Keep up the fantastic blogging!!
Love you loads .. Lulu & Frodo XXX
mwahaha
ReplyDeleteevil couson no 2 ere (the one with long hair and wales top) great time there my fave thing was the animate it woop woop
agent iwan
completed agents
I gather that the fair city of Bristol declared a state of emergency after you three left, Nanna retired to bed completely shattered and that Gromit has now retired to the Isle of dogs... Sounds as though you all had a great time, and that even your mum found something to keep herself occupied
ReplyDeleteGeoff
Marion and I have really enjoyed reading about your adventures in Bristol - and we also chortled over other peoples comments! What a fabulous place to visit, Jamie. I would so love that planetarium and Marion would specially like the animals. I'll bet Nana thoroughly enjoyed herself too, and I'd really loved to see your Mum's coloured hands! Can I add that you and your cuzzies make a very handsome trio. We will be looking forward to the next chapter.
ReplyDeleteLove from Paula & Marion in Blenheim :) :)
hehe!is your mums hands STILL like that!!!!! i'm guessing you named the non existant aubergine and lime wool then.
ReplyDeletelove
the horrible child (hehe jams!)
aka beth (cousin 1)
ps. chicken tikka you and i know.......
Hi Jamie, Sounds like you are having an awesome time in the UK. Very jealous of your hot weather, it is cold here!! We miss you.
ReplyDeleteWe do have some gossip for you...maybe next time we post a comment we will let you know.
Love, Dawn and Krista
Jamie, you are keeping a wonderful record of all of your adventures. I like the idea of your 9 and a half birthday present. I agree with your uncle that having a birthday near Christmas is all a bit crammed with presents!!! We are on holiday now, the sun is shining today but it's cold outside. Oscar has his birthday today - he was very excited with his train set. Anyway, keep writing loads, great to hear you are enjoying the UK and all the sights you are lucky enough to be seeing! Mrs P :)
ReplyDeleteI must admit that, despite my misgivings, you three grandchildren were beautifully behaved. I reckon I might even be prepared to take you all out again one day (after the valium kicks in!)It was lovely to see you all so absorbed in the various projects. I enjoyed "Animate it" too.
ReplyDelete