Thursday, July 1, 2010
School for a day!!
Today I went to Holcombe Rogus school for one day only. It's quite a small school compared to my own school in Mapua and there were only 16 in my class and 70 in the whole school!! The school had a fantastic reception towards me and everyone was very friendly. Most of the day we just played loads'o'games and we also went swimming in the outdoor pool. It was solar heated with panels and was supposed to be warm but ended up being quite chilly! As well as the solar panels there was also carpeted changing room floor and I even thought that was underfloor heated cos it was so warm on my feet!!! We also did some writing from the perspective of an old man and played parachute games. It was loads of fun.
Near the end of the day I taught the class about New Zealand and sang them the NZ national anthem. I also sang Tahi rua toru wha for them and taught them how to count up to 10 in te reo Maori. Also how to say hello and ask how are you? Awesome was another word I taught them in Maori and I also taught them part of the haka, the one we do in between the Maori and English versions of the National anthem.
All in all it was a fantastic day and I want to thank Webbers School and especially everyone in Class 2 for letting me join them for the day. Hope I bump into you in New Zealand one day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Jamie, love your blog and it sounds like school today was awesome!!
ReplyDeleteLove from mum x
Kia ora Jamie!
ReplyDeleteWow .. Sounds like you had a fab time and sounds like an interesting place with only 3 classrooms and so few kids. Glad to see that you wore the T-shirt I packed you. I thought it may be appropriate attire over there one day!
Hey .. I like your new pirate shorts.. very cool!!
Enjoy your evening with you cousins and give then both a big hugs from me .. and one for you uncle Garreth also!
Big love
Lulu & Frodo xxx
Hi Jamie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic time you are having over in the UK! Marion and I are really enjoying following your adventures on your blog. This blogging is all new to us and this is my 3rd attempt to send you a message! Your day at school sounded really cool. Give our love to Mum & Grandma and a big Hi to Dad! Your Great-grandad is in our thoughts too.
Keep having fun!
Love
Paula & Marion
Hey Jamie! (& Kate) from Lisa & Paul and Lysanah. We are having a lovely day today it's sunny and warm. The horses are galloping around like silly things and it feels like spring. Soon enough it will be raining and cold again but for today we will enjoy it. School holidays for us now so we are taking a road trip up to the Bay Of Plenty. Just for a week. Staying at a beach near where I grew up so that will be nice. We will see you next holidays when we come down for a weekend. Yay! Enjoy your journey.
ReplyDeleteWow, what an awesome experience Jamie - probably more awesome for them than you even! They learned so much from you. I bet you felt quite at home there - there's something about you that I think would suit English country schools!
ReplyDelete