Sunday, July 4, 2010

Petrolhead



Hello Jamie here, I got rid of the blog hijacker (aka my mum!)

On Sunday I went to Quadworld near Exeter. It was my nine and a half year old birthday present from Geoff. He doesn't give me full birthday presents, only half birthdays because he thinks my birthday & Christmas are too close together & I should get presents some other month apart from December!

I got dressed up in loads of protective gear that made me feel comfy and snug inside. For the first two laps the instructor sat on the back checking that I could drive a quadbike ok, but then I swapped to a slightly smaller quadbike & drove myself. I seemed to only have 5 mins on the track before my time was up (really it was half an hour) but it was fun all the same. I really like how they had kid size motor ... errr ... quadbikes!


Quadbiking is more tiring than you think, you work up quite an appetite from it. Lucky we were booked in for a carvery roast lunch after it. It was at the Prince of Wales pub in Holcombe Rogus and the meal was delicious, especially the Giant Yorkshire pudding. After lunch Geoff took me to Culmstock to a classic car show. My favourite car there was the Porsche 911 but my dream car (which unfortunately wasn't there!) is a Porsche GBS 20. I also saw a 3 wheeler car called a Bond Bug which was orange and not very powerful. It had a tow bar on the back, but it could probably barely even pull a kettle!! On wheels I mean!

Thanks Geoff for a great half birthday present for a Petrolhead like me.

Now I am staying in Somerset in a caravan, it's great but I will tell you about that another day as I need my sleep.

Good night,

Jamie

PS Thanks again for all the comments, I love reading them.

7 comments:

  1. Hey that looks like wicked fun Jamie! The protective gear even looks cool. Glad you came out in one piece.
    Lots of love Lulu XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did rather get the impression that he quite enjoyed it, kate reckoned that it would take a stick of dynamite to take the grin off his face... Lulu, I gather Jamie is a cub scout, I was an assistant cub scout leader for quite a few years, they are a resilient breed and are very difficult if not impossible to kill so there was no worries about him wrecking anything. And anyway the people who run the place reckon that it wouldbe a right pain filling out the paper work if it went **** up so they are very careful. I think he got as great a kick dressing up in the body armour as he did driving the thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops I'm not used to this yer modern technology I should have stuck me moniker on the end of the comment but I sent it winging on it's merry way before I thought of it, so the unsigned anonymous comment is down to me
    Love Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Mr Petrolhead, what an incredible time you are having over there! We think that blue quadbike looks really cool - and that confident-looking guy behind the controls looks pretty cool in his protective gear too. Hmmm... I can almost see myself zipping around Blenheim in one of those machines - not!!
    I guess you and Geoff both had a blast that day. What a brilliant scheme to celebrate half birthdays!
    Love
    Paula & Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie! You are so amazingly grownup -- the last birthday party I went to of yours, you were turning FOUR! And now you're nine and a half and still celebrating half-birthdays - wow!!!

    Looks so fun!!

    And I am so impressed with your blogging abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did look really cool in your Quadbiking gear and I have the photos to prove it! Love Nanna. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never even driven? riden? a quadbike. What an amazing time you're having!!! You'll never be the same again!
    By the way, I lived in Devon for a while...in a place called Tiverton, not far from Exeter actually. I worked for the local council and made a friend, who I still have contact with - it was over 20yrs ago when I was there....eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete