Thursday, July 15, 2010
Owl antics
On Tuesday we went to Exmoor Falconry Centre and watched a whole bunch of owls and falcons flying. There was a big variety of birds from a New Zealand morepork owl to a British barn owl to a South American spectacled owl. My favourite was obviously the morepork and even if I wasn't a New Zealander I would have liked it anyway because it was the only bird there that could fly and catch food in mid air. I loved it there so much I am going back on the 24th July to be one of the people with a leather glove throwing bits of dead one day old chick around. I'm really looking forward to it and I have specially asked if I can fly the morepork (or it can fly me?!?!?!?!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow Jamie... What a HOOT!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fantastic experience .. Hopefully they won't poop on your head! :)
Lulu XXX
WOW Jamie! I'm really looking forward to our owl and hawk experience on 24th July. I've always fancied trying to do this. Lucky I've got you to encourage me to try something new (even at my age)!
ReplyDeleteStill up to some pretty exciting adventures aye?? I have given Mrs Stephens your blog address so hopefully this week sometime she will show the class your blog. Great writing! All very interesting for the reader and I like your choice of text type between news reports, recounts and factual reports! Great stuff. Mrs P :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! What will you be doing next! I'm really pleased you have chosen to feed the morepork, but I think that would be beyond me - I couldn't handle the dead day-old chicks! Marion doesn't think she could either. Tell Nana she's very brave!
ReplyDeleteWe'll be looking forward to the next adventure.
Love from Paula & Marion